Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Quote of the Day: Matthew Gray Gubler

If you even know me in the vaguest way--meaning, you at least follow me on Twitter--then you know that crime shows are one of my most consuming obsessions. You'll probably know this because about half my tweets are about Criminal Minds, NCIS, or Law and Order: SVU. I'm pretty open about this addiction, so maybe it's no surprise that I've found a pretty striking quote from one of the actors in one of the shows.

Of all my crime shows, Criminal Minds is bordering on my favorite (although NCIS has a very, very special place near and dear to my heart, so they're always vying for the top spot). And of all the main characters, each of whom I have developed ridiculously deep-rooted feelings for, Dr. Spencer Reid, the young, quirky genius played by the magnificent Matthew Gray Gubler, has always been the biggest conundrum to me. He's adorable, disarmingly attractive in the kind of way that's not in your face, and best of all he has the demeanor of a puppy who's a little out of place in its litter. But perhaps even more interesting is the actor himself, who is so full of wise words and quirky romantic vibes that I'm surprised he is not married with about a zillion children right now.

I'm sure more of his quotes or whatever I decide is cool will make appearances on this blog, but this quote in particular really tugged at the girl inside of me who has always felt like that puppy that doesn't quite belong with its brothers and sisters.

"I think it's perfectly acceptable and rather admirable to be moderately delusional."

Oh, Mr. Gubler, it's like you understand every dreamer's biggest fear--that maybe having big hopes and wishes somehow makes us weak and stupid. But, as confirmed in this quote, that's not the case. Being a dreamer is not only okay, it's admirable. It's a quality that people should want to have, and people who don't have it should honestly be a little jealous of those who do.

This, of course, is great news for me, because being a dreamer is one hundred percent what I am best at.

And I guess that's admirable.

~ Lacey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment